Avoid The Condensate Blues With Palm Air!
Staff|19 April 2021
With the warm, humid weather occurring year round here in South Florida, our demand for cooling keeps our home comfort systems running around the clock. Part of the cooling process creates condensation (liquid). It’s important that your AC’s drain line is clear and leads to an appropriate disposal point outside of your home.
At Palm Air, we see a lot of water damage caused by an AC system’s condensate. Oftentimes, drain lines become clogged due to algae growth & scale or condensate drain pans are rusted and corroded due to age and condition. In most cases, it results in costly damages to homes. This is what we, at Palm Air, call the “condensate blues”.
We’re here to provide you with ways to proactively avoid the condensate blues in order for a condensate drain line to work correctly, a few very simple requirements exist:
- Proper pitch - Condensate flow is dependent on gravity. Without proper pitch, condensate can pool and create leaks.
- Condensate trap - If the drain line is on the return air side of the cooling, a single, 2” deep condensate trap is required to seal air from flowing through the pipe. Without it, water can “dam up”, and create floods.
- It must be clear of contaminants which can cause blockage.
- Regular inspection of the drain line for proper pitch and trapping is as important as keeping it clear of blockage.
- Remove build up of algae from the inside walls of the pipe. This growth can be blown out by a trained professional
- Consider a drain line “restoration” every 5 years
- Sign up for a preventative maintenance plan.
As always, we believe your first line of defense against water damage is maintenance and prevention. Here are some of our featured condensate safety items that can help you avoid the condensate blues. These products will also be available at a discounted price from April 1st to June 30th, 2021.
Don’t leave your home vulnerable to clogged drain lines and overwhelmed equipment. Let the experts at Palm Air AC help you with added peace of mind. Call us today at (561) 393-7588 to learn more about our condensate safety items or to schedule an appointment.
Sign-Up For Our eNewsletter
Steve Zonenstein came out this afternoon for a 6 month service call. He was fantastic! He explained everything he was doing and showed me how to deal with a clogged drain, which can be a problem at times. He was thorough, knowledgeable, professional and extremely pleasant. Very happy with the service call. Thank you, Palm Air.
Sean was great. Your company really is the best I have dealt with. He went over my entire system thoroughly and explained everything. Great service
I am very pleased with the Palm Air staff and service. From the office staff to the field techs everyone has been courteous, prompt and professional. I use Palm Air for my business and my home.
Boca Raton, Florida 33432 (561) 203-1315 License # CAC1815743